The Potts Company partnered with Alloy to perform the asbestos abatement, lead remediation, selective interior demolition, and structural demolition of the Historic Newnan Hospital. The original historic hospital dates back to 1925 with multiple additions from the 1940’s, 1970’s, and 1980’s totaling 122,000 square feet. The structural demolition scope was challenging for Alloy, as it included the surgical separation and complete demolition of five wings attached to the historic hospital, which was to remain. The portion of the structure that was surgically separated and completely demolished totaled over 39,000 square feet. Several of the smaller building additions demolished were within an isolated courtyard area and had to be demolished by hand. Alloy brought the remaining 83,000 sf of interior space back to a “white box” condition leaving only structural members and exterior walls. Plans for the new facility include a courtyard, a glass wall, and a walkway tying the historic part of the old hospital to the new part of the campus. Prior to beginning demolition activities, Alloy removed over 130,000 square feet of asbestos containing material such as floor tile, mastic, pipe insulation, ceiling tiles, joint compound, roofing, and other miscellaneous materials such as lead, mercury, and PCB from the structure.
Ask Our Experts
Send us a message and one of our expert team members will get back to you as soon as possible. *denotes a required field.